I used to love to read. I would stay up late at night, after I was supposed to be asleep, so that I could read just one more chapter, which usually meant that I would finish the rest of the book. I loved reading so much that my grandpa built me a headboard that had a book shelf in it. Unfortunately, I couldn’t tell you the last time that I picked up a book, before this summer. The general manager of the plant that I work at this summer let me borrow his book about the history of the Fort Worth Stockyards, and it took me awhile to pick it up, but when I did I couldn’t put it down.
I think being a student and studying out of textbooks made reading not as enjoyable for me anymore. I hope to start picking up more books to remind myself how great it feels to read.
This blog post is a list of books-my favorite books I have recently read and books that I plan reading. I plan on continuing to expand my list as I find more books that I want to read. and I would love for you to comment your favorite books as well!
- Images of America: Fort Worth Stockyards By: J’Nell L. Pate
- Tied On, The Cowboy’s Devotional By: Beau Hague
- The Farm Whisperer By: David Specht with Taneil Specht
Books to read
- No More Mondays By: Dan Miller
- Something to learn about stocks (suggestions wanted)
- Books about meat science (suggestions wanted)